The Lasker Promise Protects Against Missing Diamond Stones
Posted on September 29 2023
Taylor Swift made a grand entrance at the 2023 VMAs, adorned in exquisite jewelry, and left the event with a slew of awards. She achieved a historic feat by tying the record for the most VMAs won in a single evening!
However, amidst the triumph and glamour, Swift encountered a minor setback when it appeared the diamond center stone fell out of her borrowed Vintage Van Cleef & Arpels ring. This unique piece was priced at an impressive $12,000. Fortunately, a small crowd of friends and supporters found the missing diamond, but all too often, and in most stories, the diamonds go missing forever.
At Laskers, we carefully inspect all our jewelry and gems for quality and offer a simple promise – for diamond jewelry purchased through us, we will replace diamonds that go missing.*
It starts with selling you quality, pre-inspected jewelry. Our service continues when you visit one of our stores for FREE cleaning and inspection at ANY time. Here are the Lasker Promise details:
The Lasker Promise
Effective January 2023, Laskers is pleased to offer the following services on diamond jewelry purchased from us, for FREE! To receive jewelry care, stop into any of our locations.
- Cleaning & inspection ANY time (no appointment necessary)
- Initial ring sizing (up to 2 sizes larger)
- Polishing & refinishing
- Rhodium plating (once per year)
- Brushed finishes
- Straightening prongs & ring shanks
- Retipping prongs
- Tightening loose stones
- Soldering two rings together (engagement ring/wedding band, stackables)
- Soldering broken chains, bracelets, and ring shanks
- Replacing missing natural diamonds, including the center natural diamond (up to 2 carats)
- Replacing missing lab diamonds, including the center lab diamond (up to 3 carats)
*We cannot guarantee items that have been accidentally lost, stolen, neglected, or abused. It is highly recommended that you insure your jewelry should one of these instances occur.
Purchase your diamond jewelry with confidence at Laskers!